Living on Campus
Life in your residence hall will be more than just having a place for sleeping and storing books. Besides helping you adjust to college life, your hall will offer countless social, educational and service opportunities all year long. Each of our 13 residence halls is designed as a small living community for approximately 250 students, and we work hard to make sure your hall will be an inviting, comfortable and safe place to live and learn.
Things to know
- Information and the housing application (including meal plan choices) will be mailed to you approximately 3-4 weeks after your admission to UWSP, beginning in mid-November.
- Each residence hall has four floors and everything you'll need to feel at home on campus. Click here for a description of each hall and what your own room will be like.
- You can choose from unique living options such as quiet wings, the wellness hall, alcohol-free living communities, the eco-hall, and intercultural halls.
- You can also participate in a FIG (Freshman Interest Group), where you live with a small group of other freshmen in a designated hall and take 2 or 3 of the same core classes together.
- UW System rules require you to live in a residence hall until you've completed four semesters of college. Exceptions are made if you live with your parents (within a 40-mile radius of Stevens Point), are married, are a veteran or have been out of high school two years or more.
- NEW to UWSP: the Suites @ 201 Reserve Street! The Suites@201 offer apartment-style living to individuals who graduated from high school two or more years ago. The hall is also LEED-certified as an environmentally friendly building. Click here for more information about the Suites@201.
For more information, visit the Residential Living website or contact the Residential Living office at (715) 346-3511 or Residential.Living@uwsp.edu.
As a busy student, cooking will most likely be the last thing on your mind. To help with this, all students living in one of the residence halls are required to participate in the campus dining program. UWSP's Dining Services offers students a variety of dining options, including multiple convenient dining locations and four different meal plans. You will be asked to sign up for a meal plan when you complete your housing application.