Skip to main content
Sign In
Open Site Menu


Minnesota Reciprocity

How do I qualify for Reciprocity as a Minnesota Resident?

If you reside in Minnesota and meet residency requirements at a Minnesota public institution, you may be eligible for reciprocity benefits if you attend UW-Stevens Point. 
Eligible Minnesota students attending UW-Stevens Point will pay tuition that is comparable to what is charged at a similar Minnesota school.  At UW-Stevens Point, your tuition would be the same as if you were attending a Minnesota State University (excluding University of Minnesota-Twin Cities). Presently, that amount would come to $4,205 per semester, which is a $3,765 per semester savings when compared to our current undergraduate non-resident tuition rate.
Minnesota residents need to apply for reciprocity.  The reciprocity application is available beginning in March of each year.  At that time, you can apply online at  If you do not have access to the internet, you may obtain a paper application by contacting the Minnesota Office of Higher Education at 1-800-657-3866 or (651) 642-0567.
If you are approved to pay the established reciprocity fee, the cost reduction will be applied directly to your student account at UW-Stevens Point.  Please feel free to contact the Admissions Office at​ or at (715) 346-2441 for further details on Minnesota reciprocity.​