Created by faculty from all across campus especially for
first-year students, these small 3-credit seminars prepare students to thrive at UW-Stevens Point.
- Explore topics essential to human life, culture, and society
- Learn transferable skills to help you succeed in college and life
- Engage in hands-on activities, interactive discussions, and collaborative projects
- Plan your education around your interests, abilities, and goals
- Earn credit toward graduation and General Education Program requirements
FYS courses are open to all
first-year students entering UW-Stevens Point next fall, as well as all continuing students and incoming transfer students with fewer than 30
For more infomration, please contact Nancy LoPatin-Lummis at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Director of General Education), or James Sage at email@example.com
, or call at: 715-346-4625.
For UWSP faculty or academic staff members interested in joining the First Year Seminar teaching community
, please visit the FYS Instructor Resources