What is the Pointer Unity Program?
PUP is a learning community where students who are interested in health-related majors will:
- Participate in social and academic activities together at a fall retreat and throughout the year.
- Share some of the same classes.
As a PUP participant, you will:
- Experience the many dimensions of health and wellness in your chosen career direction.
- Explore the possibilities of who you are and what you are capable of achieving.
- Connect with mentors (advanced students) within your area of study.
- Belong to a cohesive group that will support you during your transition to college.
Fall Retreat: Weekend leadership and teambuilding retreat at Camp Manitowish. Choice of two options:
1) Sept. 19-21 or
2) Sept. 26-28
Courses: You will be enrolled in the same course sections as other PUP participants.
Mentors: Upperclassmen will serve as your mentor and guide in wellness activities at retreats and events throughout your first year of college.
PUP participants will be enrolled in at least two of the following courses together each semester.
First Year Seminar 101: Raising the Wellness Bar or Don't Worry, Be Happy
English 101: Freshmen English or English 150: Advanced Freshmen English
Chemistry 101: Basic Chemistry or Chemistry 105: Fundamental Chemistry
Psychology 110: Introduction to Psychology
- Chemistry 106: Fundamental Chemistry
- Sociology 101: Introduction to Sociology
- Communication 101: Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- Biology 160: Introduction to Animal Biology