Learn online and earn your Master of Science in Community & Organizational Leadership at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. Gain expertise in innovative community development. Develop your skills in leadership, program planning, grant writing, and critical thinking
so you can improve the wellbeing of your local community.
Variety of backgrounds welcome
Anyone with a passion for building meaningful relationships and structures that support strong, vibrant and resilient communities is encouraged to join us! Our students come to us with a wide variety of experiences and undergraduate degrees including sociology, education, communication and others. Become an agent of positive social change in local and international communities. Visit our student profiles to see where these skills could take you.
Flexibility is in your hands
You have the option to take one to three classes per term, helping you balance work, family and other responsibilities. The program can be completed 100% online; log on when it’s best for your schedule. Finish in as few as 18 months or take several years. Financial aid
and graduate assistantships
available for those who qualify.
Develop skills and maximize employability
With your master's degree from UW-Stevens Point in community and organizational leadership, you will be involved in interdisiplinary studies that enable you to:
- build collaborative relationships with programs and resources in your community
- assess community needs and determine best practices for change
- learn budgeting, marketing, funding, grant writing, strategic planning and rational support for programs
- plan, implement and evaluate programs
- think critically, research and assess local and world issues