The first step
is to apply for graduate study at UW-Stevens Point by submitting a UWSP Graduate Student Application
, application fee, and official transcripts to the Graduate Admissions Office
is required for the Masters degree programs.
The Office of Admissions at UWSP will send a copy of your application and official transcripts to HPHD. Upon receipt of these materials, the department will look for evidence of an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or above (based on a 4.0 scale). Probationary status may be granted for students with an undergraduate GPA below 2.75.
The School of Health Promotion & Human Development does not conditionally admit international students for graduate study. International students should contact the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO)
to apply for non-conditional graduate admission.
The second step is to complete the following for submission to the School of Health Promotion & Human Development (HPHD):
- A letter of intent detailing your background qualifications,
professional development, educational and career goals, and how this
program fits into your future professional plans. Please provide
- A current resume or curriculum vitae detailing your professional post-baccalaureate work experience.
- For the GRE (Graduate Record Exam), there is no minimum score that determines addmision. Applicants who have previously been successfully admitted to another Master's program are not required to submit a GRE score; however transcripts will be reviewed to access success in graduate level coursework and s consideration of admission. Please
request official GRE scores be sent to UWSP.*
When submitting GRE scores:
- If applying to the Community & Organizational Leadership program, use department name "Family & Consumer Sciences" and major name "Human Development."
- If applying to the Sustainable and Resilient Food Systems program, use department name "Family & Consumer Sciences" and major name "Foods, Nutrition, & Wellness Studies."
Submit letter of intent and resume to the School of Health Promotion & Human Development, UW-Stevens Point, 1901 Fourth Ave., CPS 101, Stevens Point, WI 54481 or email@example.com.
Deadlines for Application
Applications deadlines for fall enrollment are April 1 and July 1. The application deadline for spring enrollment is October 1. Only complete application packets will be reviewed. A complete packet of materials includes:
- UWSP Graduate Student
- Letter of Intent
- Current resume
- Official transcripts
- Official GRE scores*