The first step
is to apply for graduate study at UW-Stevens Point by submitting a UWSP Graduate Student Application
, application fee, and official transcripts to the Graduate Admissions Office
The Office of Admissions at UWSP will send a copy of your application and official transcripts to HPHD. Upon receipt of these materials, HPHD will look for evidence of an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or above (based on a 4.0 scale). Probationary status may be granted for students with an undergraduate GPA below 2.75.
The School of Health Promotion & Human Development does not conditionally admit international students for graduate study. International students should contact the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO)
to apply for non-conditional graduate admission.
The second step is to complete the following for submission to the School of Health Promotion & Human Development (HPHD):
- A letter of intent detailing your background qualifications,
professional development, educational and career goals, and how this
program fits into your future professional plans. Please provide
- A current resume or curriculum vitae detailing your professional post baccalaureate work experience.
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores for the Revised General Test.
Request official GRE scores be sent to UWSP.
When submitting GRE scores:
- If applying to the Human & Community Resources program, use department name "Family & Consumer Sciences" and major name "Human Development."
- If applying to the Nutritional Sciences program, use department name "Family & Consumer Sciences" and major name "Foods, Nutrition, & Wellness Studies."
Submit letter of intent and resume to Toni Sage, UW-Stevens Point, School of Health Promotion & Human Development, 1904 Fourth Ave., CPS 216, Stevens Point, WI 54481 or email@example.com.
Deadlines for Application
Application deadlines are April 1 and July 1 for fall only
admission. Spring admission is not available. Complete application materials include:
- UWSP Graduate Student
- Letter of Intent
- Current resume
- Official transcripts
- Official GRE scores