Based upon the theories and principles of Erikson and Piaget, six goals have been established. Activities for all children are directed toward meeting these goals:
- To provide children with opportunities for social interaction with same age peers.
- To assure that children have a good start in the development of a positive self-concept.
- To assist children in the formation of positive attitudes toward school and learning.
- To provide the children with a wide variety of activities and experiences which will build the firm foundations for later academic learning.
- Conceptual development
- Language development
- Listening and following directions
- Thinking and decision making
- Independence and responsibility
- To provide children with opportunities to practice large and small motor skills.
- To encourage development of creativity.