Family & Consumer Sciences

Teacher Certification

FCS Classroom

To graduate with a major in family and consumer sciences (teacher education option) you must meet the requirements for eligibility to student teach before you register for student teaching. You must achieve a 2.75 overall GPA and earn a grade of “pass” in all areas of student teaching in order to graduate.

Enrollment caps are in effect. Before you can apply for teacher certification you must complete FCS 290 and have a 2.75 grade point average in the major including transfer courses.

For more information on how to apply and application dates for admission to the School of Education please contact:

John Gaffney
Office: 469 College of Professional Studies
Office Hours:
Office Phone: 346-2040
Fax: 715-346-4846


Family & Consumer Sciences
Career Opportunities
Courses & Advising
Teacher Certification
Student Organizations
Alumni: Where Are They Now?