Peer Advising Center
|11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Who are Peer Advisers?
- Peer advisers are junior- and senior-level students majoring in
dietetics, health promotion/wellness, or family and consumer sciences.
- Have a 3.0 or above grade point average and good communication skills
- Understand and convey information from UW-Stevens Point Timetables and Catalogues
What do Peer Advisers do?
- Show students how to find the answers to their questions by using the UW-Stevens Point Timetables and Catalogues
- Answer student questions regarding UW-Stevens Point general education program requirements and the School of Health Promotion & Human Development major degree requirements
- Review student degree progress reports
- Make appropriate referrals when they don't know the answers to student questions
- Maintain confidentiality
- Have fun meeting and talking with their peers!