Peer Advising Center
|11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Who are Peer Advisers?
- Peer advisers are juniors and senior level students majoring in either
dietetics, health promotion/wellness, or family and consumer sciences.
- Have a 3.0 or above grade point average and good communication skills
- Understand and convey information from UW-Stevens Point Timetables and Catalogues
What do Peer Advisers do?
- Show students how to find the answers to their questions by using the UW-Stevens Point Timetables and Catalogues
- Answer students questions regarding UW-Stevens Point general degree
requirements and the School of Health Promotion & Human Development majors degree
- Review student degree progress reports
- Make appropriate referrals when they don't know the answers to student questions
- Maintain confidentiality
- Have fun meeting and talking with their peers!